Last Chance Saturday [Free Selection]

by Ed Meyer

posted on April 17, 2009 in Free Picks and Tips, Other Events | 8 Comments >>

There are plenty of preps to qualify for the Derby. We have seen and heard about most of them, but one remains to be run. The Coolmore Lexington can be thought of as a last stop for graded earnings. The entire day is a solid wagering prize, and WinningPonies.com is digging in to find a possible upset winner.

In the 9th Race at Keeneland, take a good look at #12 Hull. They are traveling 1 1/16th, and don’t forget that is the shorter finish line.

This three-year-old-son of Holy Bull looks like he can be sitting on “ready to fire.”  He sports a 66+ speed rating for this race, and a 62 for the last three efforts. He has the services of Miguel Mena, and he is rolling at a 15% clip. Dale Romans is the conditioner, and he knows how to ready a horse for the big dances.

This colt sports the “has improved” icon. This means good things are on the way. This top tier selection draws the rail, and that has been the place to be this meet.

Square Eddie will take a whole heap of money, and has an impressive resume himself. He has been off since January 17th, and why have they not tried him sooner? His last race was a solid 2nd place finish in the San Rafael to The Pamplemousse.

Take into consideration the time away, and the opportunities to get his bankroll. I think WinningPonies may have found a possible vulnerable favorite. Don’t forget, they predicted Win Willy over Old Fashioned at Oaklawn Park to pay boxcars.

8 Responses to “Last Chance Saturday [Free Selection]”

1. Fred Meyer says:

I love your website and enjoy your articles, I collect ssdi and am on a bodget. I am 45 and battling cancer , but I love the sport of horse racing and have since I was sixteen years old. I will be purchasing your picks in may when I recieve my check. Thanks for all of your free advice and hopefully I can put up a testomonial of my own soon.

Sincerely
    Fred

2. Dangerousdan says:

Yo send Fred a hat guys.

3. Bob says:

Hull scratched an hour ago so we’ll have to look for another upset.

4. X says:

Fred Meyer? How odd that someone with the same last name as the author has such nice things to say.

5. Horstradamus says:

X,

All feedback is welcome. There are many who write and predict on Winning Ponies.

If you read, you will see a players testimonial. It is good to hear that some enjoy, some will give updates, and others were touched by reading a response.

Next time, tell us what you would like to read about. I would be interested in reading your thoughts.

Thanks for checking in, and taking the time to read the blogs.

Horstradamus

6. Horstradamus says:

Fred,

Thanks for taking the time to check-in with Winning Ponies.

We really appreciate hearing back from players who love the game. Give us some feedback as to what you would like to read about, or a guest you would like to hear from on our Internet show.

Thanks again, and best of luck at the races. We will keep bring our best predictions to the table and hopefully you will make your day a winning one !

Thanks again,

Horstradamus

7. Horstradamus says:

Bob,

Sorry about the late scratch… But as we know, that is part of the game..

Thank you for taking time to give us the heads up about the scratch.

Best of luck, and give us any feedback you feel is important.

Horstradamus

8. Horstradamus says:

Dan,

Good point !!

I think they do need need a good looking cap. We always appreciate hearing from the players.

Good luck !